Paper Rhino is a workers’ co-operative specialising in art, illustration, typography, design and animation. We started Paper Rhino so that we could use our skills to support ethically-conscious clients, new and emerging organisations, small companies and charities. We are a team of highly committed creatives. We each have an almost obsessive passion for our individual skills and want to use them as a positive force in the world.
Why a workers’ co-op? Because it’s the fairest way we can run our business, with no hierarchy and a democratic decision-making process. We want everything we do to benefit society. This includes helping the people that work with us to be the best they can be.
Our co-op’s objectives:
- Provide design services at a fair price, predominantly locally (Peterborough and surrounding area) and also nationally.
- Be sustainable and encourage the use of sustainable materials and processes.
- Aid the promotion of ethical, local and arts-based organisations.
- Spread skills and knowledge.
- Support new and emerging organisations, artists and designers with their endeavours.
- Produce design that benefits the community and society at large.
- Engage with the general public to improve accessibility to the arts.
These are the creative services we offer:
- Art and Illustration
- Live art, street art and murals
- Branding and Promotion
- Editorial Design
- Web design
We offer training, workshops and consultancy in:
- Image manipulation
- Using type creatively
- Zine production
Meet the team
AMANDA RIGBY is an artist and highly skilled creative illustrator. Her years as a magazine Art Editor have also made her a swift, meticulous and much sought-after designer.
DOMINIC LE-HAIR loves experimenting with type and has gained international recognition for his work. He combines hands-on media with digital techniques to produce work at the top of his field.
JASON DUCKMANTON is an illustrator, graphic designer and animator. He has a degree in illustration and over 10 years experience designing for both print and web.
FIONA CIFALDI is passionate about exploring and experimenting with print design and has over 3 years experience designing a huge variety of magazines and publications. With a developing love of painting and print-making, Fiona likes to dabble with both analog and digital forms of illustration.