Paper Rhino is a workers’ co-operative specialising in art, illustration, typography, design and animation. We started Paper Rhino so that we could use our skills to support ethically-conscious clients, new and emerging organisations, small companies and charities. We are a team of highly committed creatives. We each have an almost obsessive passion for our individual skills and want to use them as a positive force in the world.
Why a workers’ co-op? Because it’s the fairest way we can run our business, with no hierarchy and a democratic decision-making process. We want everything we do to benefit society. This includes helping the people that work with us to be the best they can be.
Our co-op’s objectives:
- Provide design services at a fair price, predominantly locally (Peterborough and surrounding area) and also nationally.
- Be sustainable and encourage the use of sustainable materials and processes.
- Aid the promotion of ethical, local and arts-based organisations.
- Spread skills and knowledge.
- Support new and emerging organisations, artists and designers with their endeavours.
- Produce design that benefits the community and society at large.
- Engage with the general public to improve accessibility to the arts.
These are the creative services we offer:
- Art and illustration
- Live art, street art and murals
- Branding and promotion
- Editorial design
- Web design
We offer training, workshops and consultancy in:
- Image manipulation
- Using type creatively
- Risograph printing
Meet the team
AMANDA RIGBY is an artist and highly skilled creative illustrator. Her years as a magazine Art Editor have also made her a swift, meticulous and much sought after designer. She is passionate about sharing skills and gaining creative opportunities for all.
DOMINIC LE-HAIR loves experimenting with type and has gained international recognition for his work. He combines hands-on media with digital techniques to produce work at the top of his field.
JASON DUCKMANTON is an artist, designer and animator. He exhibits his artwork extensively and performs at national live arts events. He creates digital and traditional paintings that explore macabre themes mixed with melancholic, surrealist imagery. He is also an extremely experienced web designer.