Thank you for choosing Paper Rhino. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before proceeding. By engaging our services, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- For larger projects a 50% payment is required upfront before project commencement.
- The remaining balance should be paid in full within 14 days of the invoice date via cheque or BACS.
- Late payment will result in a £25 service charge for reissuing each invoice at 60 and 90 days from the original invoice date.
- Full payment is necessary to grant any license or right of copyright.
2. Default in Payment
- The Client is responsible for all collections of unpaid fees and legal fees incurred by Paper Rhino due to default in payment.
- All charges and prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
- The fees and expenses quoted are minimum estimates unless otherwise stated.
- Additional fees and expenses may apply for work beyond the original quote.
- The original quotation includes a maximum of 4 rounds of minor amends.
- Any additions, alterations, or changes beyond the included 4 rounds will be charged at £35 per hour of completion.
- Major redesign or redevelopment of artwork is not included in the original estimate and will incur additional charges.
- The Client is responsible for reimbursing Paper Rhino for all project-related expenses, including sales taxes, stock content, bespoke fonts, artwork, packaging, insurance, postage, and materials.
6. Rights and Ownership
- Copyright ownership and intellectual rights remain with Paper Rhino, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- The Client gains reproduction rights and full transferable rights to brand identity upon full payment.
- Paper Rhino reserves the right to use initial concepts and final designs for promotional purposes unless otherwise requested.
- Cancellation incurs a fee for work completed and expenses already incurred.
- The cancellation fee is based on the hours or percentage of the project completed at the time of cancellation.
- Once the project is finished, a 100% cancellation fee is due, regardless of delivery to the client.
8. Project Delivery
- Adherence to the agreed schedule is crucial for timely delivery.
- Paper Rhino cannot be held liable for missed deadlines due to factors beyond our control.
- Any delays caused by the client may incur additional costs.
9. Credit Lines
- In some cases, Paper Rhino will receive a credit line for original artwork used publicly / for commercial use.
- The Client indemnifies Paper Rhino against claims and expenses arising from unauthorised uses.
- Terms and Conditions may be changed without prior notice.
- Clients will be notified of any alterations to the Terms and Conditions.
12. Code of Fair Practice
- Both the Client and Paper Rhino agree to comply with Government advice on Fair Trading.
- Paper Rhino warrants that the work is original and free from scandalous, libelous, or unlawful matter.
- The client is responsible for obtaining proper copyright permissions for supplied materials.
13. Limitation of Liability
- Paper Rhino and its agents or employees are not liable for any incidental or consequential damages arising from project delays.
- The client agrees to indemnify Paper Rhino from any claims resulting from the client’s use of the product.
14. Dispute Resolution
- Disputes shall be submitted to binding arbitration according to the rules of The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA).
- The client is responsible for all arbitration and court costs.
15. Third-Party Contracts
- Paper Rhino may contract with other professionals for additional services.
- The client will be informed and must grant permission if such contracting increases the project cost.
Through the work that we do, we at Paper Rhino are committed to the following ethical principles:
- Consider the social, economic, and environmental impact of our actions.
- Act with honesty and transparency.
- Treat customers fairly.
- Promote human rights and equality.
- Foster social, economic, and environmental development in Britain.
- Protect the environment.
- Safeguard animal welfare.
- Uphold an ethical workplace culture.
Paper Rhino will NOT provide design services to (clients are responsible for declaring any potential violation of these conditions):
- Any business or organisation that:
- Fails to uphold basic human rights.
- Manufactures, transfers, or promotes the use of weapons.
- Has links to an oppressive regime.
- Advocates discrimination and incitement to hatred.
- Fails to implement basic labor rights.
- Impedes access to basic human necessities.
- Engages in irresponsible marketing practices.
- Takes an irresponsible approach to the payment of tax.
- Focuses on irresponsible gambling.
- Provides payday loans at unreasonable rates.
- Is involved in: a) Animal testing of cosmetic or household products or their ingredients. b) Intensive farming methods. c) Blood sports or the fur trade.
- Any business or organisation whose core activity contributes to:
- Global climate change, through the extraction or production of fossil fuels (oil, coal, gas, and shale gas), with an extension to the distribution of those fuels that have a higher global warming impact (e.g., tar sands and certain biofuels).
- The degradation of endangered animal species’ habitats.
- The manufacture of chemicals that are persistent in the environment, bio-accumulative in nature, or linked to long-term health concerns.
- The unsustainable harvest of natural resources, including timber and fish.
- The development of genetically modified organisms or nanotechnology in circumstances that risk damaging the environment or compromising human health.
Please note that these policies reflect our commitment to ethical practices and our responsibility to make positive contributions to society and the environment.